Search Engine Usage Facts and Statistics
When you want more information on just about anything what is the first thing you do? What is the first search engine you visit? Most likely you said Google, but if you did not say Google then chances are you said Bing or Yahoo.
Search engine usage is important for several reasons, but one of the most important reasons is simply understanding where you need to spend your time. While Google is the most popular search engine it is also the most competitive. On the other hand Bing and Yahoo have a significant share of usage compared to ASK and AOL.
Search Engine Usage Percentages
This search engine usage report comes from a study ComScore releases called the Explicit Core Search Share Report. The accuracy of this report compared to others is the fact that the only searches that are counted as a true search query is one in which the user intends to click on a search result. For a better explanation about what an Explicit Core Search is check out this article written by Search Engine Land. Check out the cool graph to the right and the search engine usage statistics for 2013 below…
- Google: 67.5%
- Bing: 16.7%
- Yahoo: 11.6%
- Ask: 2.6%
- AOL: 1.7%
Amazing Statistics That Will Leave You Shocked!
The use of search engines today is truly amazing and frankly it is hard to imagine a life with out search engines. Investing in search engine optimization is one of the best investments a company can make regardless the type of business they own. People search for anything and everything on search engines and ensuring your website is capable of ranking high in the engines is crucial to your companies marketing efforts. Below are some very interesting studies and statistics to show the importance of being present on the search engines.
2013 Search Engine Usage Report
- 91% of users say they find what they are looking for when using search engines.
- 73% of users stated that the information they found was trustworthy and accurate.
- 66% of users said that search engines are fair and provide unbiased information.
- 55% of users say that search engine results and search engine quality has gotten better over time.
- Source: Pew Internet: Search Engine Usage 2012.
Search Engine Facts and Statistics
- 93% of online activities begin with a search engine .
- According to MarketingCharts 39% of customers come from a search engine.
- Every month there are over 100 billion global searches being made each month.
- 82.6% of internet users use search .
- 70% to 80% of users ignore paid search ads and focus on the free organic results according to UserCentric.
- 18% of all clicks on the organic search results come from the number 1 position according to SlingShot SEO.